Groombridge St. Thomas CE Primary School
Following the Greatest Commandment to ‘love God and love our neighbour’ we aspire for excellence following Christian/British values and teaching to enable children to fulfil their potential. A holistic, nurturing approach reaches out to families where caring relationships pervade every corner, supported by our school values
EXCELLENCE COMPASSION ENTHUSIASM
I am delighted to introduce you to Groombridge St Thomas Church of England School. Through our website and School Prospectus we aim to provide information and communication with the whole school and wider community, as well as parents interested in applying for a place.
Our purpose and overall aims are to aspire for excellence in every area of the life of our school, following the ethos, values and teaching of the Christian faith , and to enable children to flourish and fulfil their potential, leaving us well rounded and confident individuals. We want all of our pupils to flourish and fulfil their potential academically and in their spiritual, social, moral and cultural development. Understanding and promoting well being is very important to us at St Thomas'.
There are many factors which underpin school development and ongoing support, including:
- Our nurturing, holistic and caring ethos and values
- A creative, broad and balanced curriculum embedding the arts, music and sport - we are very pleased to be sustaining Gold Mark standard for Sport/PE
- The consistently high expectations of all staff and our governors
- The ongoing support received from parents, parish and the wider community
- A supportive and effective PTA
- Continual school development which focuses on our vision and aspirations for every child
I would be very happy to introduce you to our school, staff and pupils. If you have any further queries or wish to visit, then please contact our office. Our School Prospectus can be found under the 'School Life' tab.
To develop a curriculum, teaching and learning which:
- Raise standards of attainment
- Create a high achievement and progress culture
-Take into consideration children's individual needs and allows all children to experience success
'Be The Best You Can Be'
In Matthew 22 v 37-39 The two greatest commands are:
'Love God....and love your neighbour as yourself.'
'Motivation is when your dreams put work clothes on'